College Players Coached
A few of the most recent players Coach Rhome prepared and mentored for the NFL Draft:
- Kendall Wright (Baylor University) - Tennessee Titans WR
- Terrance Williams (Baylor University) - Dallas Cowboys WR
- Case Keenum (University of Houston) - Houston Texans QB
- Tutored Vince Young (Texas University QB) Veteran scouts said they could see Rhome's influence, especially on dropping back. "Jerry's really helped me," Young said. "I was excited to throw today. I felt confident doing it." -Vince Young's Pro Day - March 2006 Rookie of the Year - 2007
- Preparing Andy Dalton (TCU) for the NFL Draft - Started as a Rookie 2011 for Cincinnati Bengals - Pro Bowl 2012-13
- David Green (University of Georgia) - All American - Coached during NFC career during off-season
- Troy Smith (Heisman Trophy winner above) says Rhome has lived up to his reputation.
- Jerry Rhome with Chase Daniel (pictured above). Member of the 2010 Superbowl Champions - New Orlean Saints. Worked with Chase the summer before his record breaking year in 2007 at Missouri.
- Greg McElroy (pictured above).Tutored Greg while he attended University of Alabama 2007-2008 McElroy led Alabama to National Championship in 2009.
"He blows me away with the things that he knows as a quarterback," Smith said.
"What he would do, the offensive scheme, the whole nine yards. He's helped me tremendously with
just that knowledge from a quarterback standpoint and an offensive standpoint at the next level."
-Troy Smith (2006 Heisman Trophy)
Read more from this Houston Fox26 Sports article by clicking here.
|Worked with Kevin Kolb (University of Houston)
Picked by Eagles top of 2nd round (2007)
Rhome and Donnie Avery
1st Wide Receiver Picked in 2008 Draft